Thursday 6 May 2010

Share the Moment

You may or may have heard that this year's Eurovision is being held in Oslo on 25-29 May.  The theme for the Eurovision 2010 is "Share the Moment". I think it's a great theme. When I was younger I remember watching it every year with my family, and talking about it with my friends. I remember one year in particular sitting with my granny and aunt, each of us with our pens and notepads, and giving the countries our scores, cheering on Ireland and England, and laughing at Terry Wogan. Obviously times (and the Eurovision itself) have changed, and it's not quite "the done thing" to admit to watching it (or heaven forbit, actually enjoying it!), but I think I'll tune in again this year and see whether it can really include the watcher, and whether it can regain some of the magic it has lost over the years.

What you probably haven't heard is that they are going to do a flash mob dance in the middle of the show, and are currently teaching people the dance. They are recording the Irish mob tonight in Dublin, and will be showing clips during the live Eurovision. If you want to have a look at the flash mob dance (part 1), log on here. I have to say I actually love the idea of flash mobs, I like the idea that for maybe 3 minutes everyone in that particular area has one focus, regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, religious denomination etc. etc.

Currently 74,999 people have admitted to liking the Eurovision Song Contest on Facebook. Maybe this year we will share the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment